Photo Source: Anonymous
|Christian Adherents:||0.01 %|
|Online Audio NT:||No|
|People Cluster:||South Asia Hindu - other|
|Affinity Bloc:||South Asian Peoples|
It is believed that Gavara people migrated to India from Sri Lanka.
They are settled in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
Very little is known of the daily lives and occupations of Gavara people. We do know that they are almost completely Hindu, and their lives surround worship of their gods.
The Gavara people practice Hinduism, the ancient religion of India. They worship and serve the gods of the Hindu pantheon. Hindus believe that by performing rituals and good works that they will attain moksha or freedom from the endless cycle of birth, death and rebirth. They visit Hindu temples and offer prayers, food, flowers, and incense to their gods in hopes of gaining protection and benefits. They do not have a personal or familial relationship with their gods like Christians or Jews. There are many forms of Hinduism, each with its own deities and beliefs.
The main yearly holidays of the Gavara people are Holi, the festival of colors and the start of spring / Diwali, the festival of lights / Navratri, the celebration of autumn / and Rama Navami, Rama's birthday.
Although audio, visual and written Bible resources are available in Malayalam, their spoken language, they remain unreached and unengaged with the truth of the gospel. Their greatest need is to understand the infinite love of Almighty God for them, and his provisional payment of the penalty for their sins.
* Pray for a "Book of Acts" type of movement to Christ among the Gavara people of India.
* Pray for the Gavara people to understand and embrace that Jesus wants to bless their families and neighborhoods.
* Pray for Holy Spirit anointed believers from the Gavara people to change their society from within.
* Pray for a movement in which the Holy Spirit leads and empowers Gavara disciples to make more disciples.
* Pray for a movement of Jesus to heal and strengthen Gavara communities.