Introduction / History
At one time there were Hindu members of the Gakkhar clan, but now they are all Muslim. They were noted for their ability to build forts and fortified cities. The Rawat Fort was the result of their efforts.
Where Are they Located?
The Gakkhar clan lives in the northern part of Pakistan's Punjab Province.
What Are Their Lives Like?
For many years the Gakkhar people have struggled for control of the Salt Range, a place with large deposits of rock salt and a smaller amount of coal. They have always been considered by their neighbors to be warlike and fierce. They speak Southern Hindko, one of the main languages of northern Pakistan.
What Are Their Beliefs?
The Gakkhar people are 100 percent Sunni Muslim. However, like other Muslim people groups in South Asia, their faith in Allah is compromised by additional beliefs in spirit beings and superstitions.
What Are Their Needs?
The Gakkhar people need to seek and find the sinless savior who alone can provide them the way to have peace with God.
* Scripture Prayers for the Gakkhar in Pakistan.
* Pray for the Lord to raise up a strong disciple making movement to saturate the hearts and minds of the Gakkhar people.
* Pray for God's blessing, strengthening and healing of Gakkhar families and communities through the abundant life Jesus offers to all who call on His name.
* Pray for God's blessing on Gakkhar leaders, along with their families, and for their communities to welcome and enjoy God's blessing.
* Pray for the Lord to multiply the reception and influence of His Word among the Gakkhar people, leading them to love Him with their whole being.